Tuesday, June 26, 2007

random MV stuff

First things first: not strictly Maximum-Verbosity-related, except insofar as I've written it, but one of my scripts (titled "Arrested Adolescence") was recently produced at Theatre Limina's ten-minute play festival, called "Bent" (promising "Gender inversions, perversions, aversions, and revisions", according to the website. I have done my best to write to these expectations).

It was selected as the audience favorite of the evening, with a whopping 4.75 out of 5 average(!). Audience comments include:

"Finally! Humor, a story, a reason to care for the folks." "Touching and funny." "Best play of the night."

It'll be remounted as part of an encore performance this Saturday, June 30th, 7pm at the Bryant-Lake Bowl. For more info visit

http://blb.ciceron.com/calendar.asp?date=6/30/2007

I've also written (somewhat tangentially) about the experience at Maximum Verbosity's Production Blog:

http://maximumverbosityonline.blogspot.com/2007/06/getting-bent.html

As long as we're on the subject -- I'm currently writing for five different websites, so keeping track of my online adventures can be something of a nightmare. For those who are interested, I've created a Livejournal which is nothing more than a list of updates to all of my other sites. Feel free to add or syndicate

http://penner_pott.livejournal.com

Performed a preview last night at the Fringe-For-All of my upcoming one-man show. It was enthusiastically received, with Matthew Everett dubbing it his "Favorite Comedy Moment" of the evening. Glowingly reviewed here:

http://fringefestival.org/blg_showPost.cfm?blogID=4&id=2280

"...his ever-expanding skill and bending language to his will and slinging it at you from five different directions at once - that's the primary reason you should see his show. He is damn good at what he does. He is smart. He is funny. He is brilliant. No question."

Wow...thanks, dude.

I was also pulled aside at the event and interviewed about the Festival and my show for MPR, so there should be a few sound bites from me on "All Things Considered" this afternoon between three and six sometime.

Annnd speaking of interviews, I never mentioned that I was quoted in an article about the Fringe for Intermission Magazine:

http://intermission.umn.edu/pages/on_the_fringe.html

Fringe Season Is Upon Us, and things are only going to be getting progressively crazier. I'm off to the Iowa Fringe in Des Moines in three weeks, not to mention the countless previews and showcases taking place. I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me soon.

No comments: