Monday, November 26, 2007

It's a Meaningless Life

Apologizing again for this space seeming to be reduced to little more than a platform for shameless self-promotion, but I have yet another project coming up: I'll be performing as part of the Scrimshaw Brothers' latest brooding masterpiece, a laid-back comedy showcase entitled It's a Meaningless Life. The line-up consists of Joe Scrimshaw, Josh Scrimshaw, Sarah Scimshaw, Tim Uren, Pablo, Alan Berks, and, bizarrely enough, me.

I'm a bit more starry-eyed about being involved than I should probably admit in a public space -- I'm a pretty big fan of just about everyone who's on board. Not dissimilar to how I'm feeling with Logorrhea, where I find myself in the surreal position of *directing* people I've been admiring from afar for years. Seriously, I can't stop freaking out about this. What the hell is going on in my life? I find myself holding my breath, awaiting some horrific karmic retribution. If I had a puppy, he would probably be dead now, having been brutally, senselessly slain by white supremacists in an act of random sinophobic canicide.

The murder of my hypothetical mongrel companion aside, this is one of those shows I'd be eager to see, regardless of whether or not I was involved in it. It's a solid line-up of some of the funniest folks in the Twin Cities, and it's opening this Friday. Plays at 10pm every Friday-Saturday night until December 22nd at the Minneapolis Theater Garage. Opens on the Independence Day of the Isle of Barbados, so make of that what you will.

No comments: