Friday, May 25, 2007

Two Quick Thoughts

-My father is the absolute stereotype of the Asian tourist, eagerly photographing all of the tourist traps that are pointed out to us. This seems to me to defeat much of what makes photography attractive -- why photograph something that ten thousand other people already have, and better than you? What appeals to me is the use of photography to capture things that people *don't* see.

-I brought a lot of work and writing to get done, and progress has been slow. It's a funny thing, about writer's block -- I can churn out dozens of blog entries before breakfast, but I'm terrified at the prospect of sitting down and working on a script. I think it has to do with the impermanence of blogging -- it's low-pressure, because I know there'll always be another one; whatever I write is going to be completely forgotten by next week. A script requires alertness and artistry and stuff like that.

No comments: